Zaui, our npm-installable SvelteKit toolchain
Originally published at https://www.zeroasic.com/blog/zaui-release.
We are pleased to announce the open source release of zaui, our npm-installable SvelteKit toolchain for building websites from markdown.
The name zaui originated from "Zero ASIC UI", where it powers the zeroasic.com website.
How we use zaui
Zaui was instrumental in shipping our drag-and-drop chiplet emulation UI using custom Svelte components. The zeroasic.com website is statically generated by zaui and hosted on a CDN. In addition, the build is integrated into our internal python-based emulation tools, which handle requests through an API.
pnpm install -D @zeroasic/zaui
pnpm zaui dev
oto open your browser.
If you don't already have a
content directory you will see the zaui guide -- rendered by zaui, of course.
This library provides
- A preconfigured SvelteKit app with a Vite dev server and build.
- Tailwind CSS, and the Tailwind typography plugin.
- Markdown rendering based on Markdoc.
- A set of built-in website navigation and page components.
- Static publishing using the SvelteKit static adapter.
Thank you to all the contributors in those communities. 🙏